Monday, December 12, 2011

Hugh Jackman on Aboriginal Communities



I posted this on my other blog The Men's Banner Project. It actually made my day.  To have George Snuffleupagus (intentional) and Hugh Jackman talk about the Aboriginal peoples in both of their countries was pretty amazing to see.

I just returned from the World March of Women conference in the Philippines where delegates from Europe and Australia were not aware there were Aboriginal people in Canada. When things like this happen I always feel like a leprechaun or fairy.  A creature you only read about in stories or history books but never actually see... I wish I had wings. 

1 comment:

  1. it is strange how so many non-natives think they know the realities of aboriginal life and spew stereotypes and propaganda that only serves colonialism. it is good to see a couple of very famous people talking about what they are concerned about in regards to aboriginal people and not be ignorant....and hugh jackman is my boyfriend who needs mr. snuffalupagus....

    ReplyDelete