Wednesday, August 28, 2013

The Best Day Ever!

Saturday, August 17, 2013

At the Winnipeg Airport, we were suppose to take off at 7:45am but we were delayed until 2:30pm.  We hadn’t slept the night before, so instead of giving into grumpiness Yuri and I decided to be silly and have the Best Day Ever!


Because we had gone through customs we were not able to leave the building. But we endeavored to amuse ourselves in our small section of the airport.

We took pictures with the Mountie moose. (He was off duty)

IMG_9532 IMG_9534

A funny thing happened, we were almost last in line to get our complimentary vouchers. We weren’t in a hurry but when we received them at that moment all the stores closed.


IMG_9539 IMG_9540

In our adventures we found a very comfy couch so we decided to take up residence. On the other two couches were the crew who were also trapped in the building along with their grumpy passengers. They liked us because we were having a great day. Irena was really tired (pilot), Tanner was a sarcastic fellow (co-pilot) and Helen was so beautiful (flight attendant). After talking for a bit I admitted to being afraid of flying. Tanner said I needed to remember that pilots had self-preservation and that they didn’t fly if they thought there was something wrong with the plane.


Yuri convince Tanner and Helen to take a picture with the moose.


I found a sneaky door! And then everything opened. I tried on Channel No. 5 from the duty free store. I was smelling great.


We discovered we were separated from the rest of the airport by these glass walls. We also realized we were separated from the coffee. (Pouting began)


For fun we stood in a glass panel and waved at arriving passengers like the queen. We also pretended to be mannequins. 



We realized we had packed our power cord in our suitcase and Yuri’s phone was out of power. So, when the crew was able to get back on the plane Tanner came back with one for us to borrow. It was one of the nice things that happened that day.


Another awesome thing that happened was as we were boarding the plane Irena and Tanner let me into the captain’s cabin and pointed out how the plane worked. They also told me that Tanner would be flying us to Chicago then Irena would fly them home to Cleveland. During take off and through the flight when I started to get scared I just reminded myself that it was okay, Tanner was flying the plane.


IMG_9570 IMG_9575

The third awesome thing that happened was when we reached Chicago we ran into the crew again. They took us through a tunnel and pointed out it had been in Home alone 1. Then they dropped us off at a fantastic Mexican restaurant. (we had missed our connecting flight and had to reschedule to the evening) Although it was a long day in an airport it had been a pretty good one.